Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 13

Thing 13 has a some presentation apps and whiteboard apps. I tried the Deck Slideshow Presentation App first. It was very simple to use once I figured it out, but it seemed very simplistic. I would not have wanted to try to explain anything complicated using this app. I made five slides pretty quickly and picked out a theme that didn't cost anything and I was done. There was not a lot of choice for free themes.

I also tried the Haiku Deck and that was really easy and fun to use. The tutorial was entertaining and I quickly had an attractive short presentation. I used my Twitter account to upload the presentation and then was able to access it online. This is handy if you have to present and will have online access. I would use this for something short and quick, but for the usual presentations I feel like I need PowerPoint is the best choice. I did read somewhere that you can import PowerPoint presentations into Haiku Deck and I suppose if you wanted online access you might do that. However, if I had already gone through the trouble of making a PowerPoint presentation, I doubt I would import it into Haiku.

No comments:

Post a Comment