Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 6

Thing 6 which is creating and editing docs is a very useful one. I have used Google Documents for years, even sharing and writing a presentation with two other people around the state. The fact that Google Documents converted our PowerPoint was a bit of a problem, but two of us just went along with it. Our colleague who used the most recent version of PowerPoint  ran into problems on presentation day because the campus we presented at did not have the most recent version of PowerPoint on their presentation equipment. QuickOffice does not convert documents so that seems like a positive thing.

 I decided to look at both CloudOn and QuickOffice. Both Apps connect to Google Drive and DropBox which I use. CloudOn seemed the easiest to use because the appearance and functions looked more familiar to me. QuickOffice could not open Google Drive documents without downloading and installing another App called Docs.

 I love using a tablet for certain things, but I do not prefer it for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets or presentations. I would use an app like to this open email attachments or agendas when in meetings. So, I would use these apps to view documents but would not use them to create documents (except for extremely simple ones). I think CloudOn would be good for iPad users who often have problems with Office documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment