Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing 16

I picked SoundCloud to try out for Audio Files, thing 16. SoundCloud is more than just recording. It lets you hear music, record audio and share what you record. I saw it referred to as the YouTube for audio files. It could be used to record oral histories or you could make travel comments and put them on Facebook. You could record yourself reading a book for your grandchildren. The app includes the capability to geotag recordings with local information. There are a lot of possibilities.

This app was actually more than I bargained for since the site it connects to includes music and audio in all genres--like a Spotify site. I used my Facebook to log in but I suppose this is another account for me on another site that I probably won't use again.

No comments:

Post a Comment