Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing 15

Infographics is a new term for me although once I started looking at examples of infographics, I realized it is just a new term applied to updated ways of using graphs, charts, and other graphics to show data. These infographics are visual representations of information that present complex information quickly and clearly. You can see patterns and trends at a glance rather than poring over tables of raw data. I am sure everyone would agree that seeing complex data represented in this way is much easier to understand and use.
I created the infographic above using i Visual Info Touch Lite. Since I write a number of reports that display various statistics, a program like this would probably be very useful. If you look at my different labeled balls in my graphic, their relative sizes have nothing to do with the numbers they represent. I just sized the smaller balls in relation to the biggest ball. Not very scientific or accurate I am afraid, so I would need to work on making these more accurate. The app itself was easy to use and I was able to save it and use it here without any problem. This topic is well worth my time to explore it more fully.




No comments:

Post a Comment