Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 7

I can't tell you how many times I have found websites that I intend to visit again but immediately forget about  or cannot find it again even when looking a day later. The closest I ever came to being online organized was my iGoogle account where  I stored a number of bookmarks that I used constantly.iGoogle no longer exists but my bookmarks live on in Google bookmarks. However, I have to go to the bookmarks page and add a link for each bookmark--not hard, but not really convenient  either.

I have a Pinterest account, but previously did not go beyond just looking at other people's lists.I have now installed the Firefox bookmarklet for Pinterest and this makes it really easy to add links to my account. I found out that 23 Mobile Things has a Pinterest board. I have read a few articles about how different people are using their boards and what kinds of lists they are making. One that interested me was using Pinterest to plan a vacation. You can make a place board and then search for the place in Pinterest. You can find options for nearly everything for your trip, from lodging to entertainment to restaurants, on Pinterest. I am sure there are many uses for Pinterest beyond the usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment