Monday, June 9, 2014

Thing 8

Thing 8 is Social Media Management Tools. I do have Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts, but I have always thought of them as separate things. I would not post the same things to my Twitter account that I would put on my Facebook account and I would be even more careful with anything I put on my LinkedIn account. However, I can see where a management tool would be very useful for someone who might manage a number of accounts for their work.

I looked at a couple of the tools and picked Buffer to focus on for this posting. Buffer can be set up to post to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+ pages. The free account allows you to connect one account for each to your Buffer account. Once you have this set up, you can write several posts and have them sent out at different times.You can schedule for a specific time and you can also pause your account so that nothing goes out. Buffer has browser extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox to make sharing easier. You can get analytics and statistics to see how your posts perform. The company has different plans to meet different needs and I can see where companies would find this program useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment